Leaving Home..

One fine day, it'll be your turn. You will leave your home, your city or even your country. You will leave family, friends, possibilities, opportunities. All of this for a completely new life. Where everything is completely different. Good different and at times bad different. The new life has a new family awaiting, new friends, new possibilities, new opportunities. But that process, of leaving home is HUGE! Its Overwhelming. And you are never really Ready for it. You may be 18 or 28.. You'll never be ready. 

My "One Fine Day" came back in January 2016. I got engaged. Right after that, everything was about pretty clothes and new shoes and gifts and Eids. Its pretty amazing tbh. You are getting the love and care of Two complete families. (PRETTY AMAZING) You enjoy every single thing about your life without thinking of the fact that you also have to get married one day. Its personally my favorite phase of any relationship. :D

But One day THE DATE was finalized and everything changed. EVERYTHING WAS ABOUT THE WEDDING after that. Bridal Dresses, Themes, Events, Venues, Guests.. Every single detail had to be discussed thoroughly. The Wedding Shopping fervor was so mind numbing. The endless arrangements took so much out of me that I forgot about the Moving out part. I forgot about the part where I'll have to leave my family, my parents, my annoying little brother, my room, my pretty home. I was just too excited about the wedding, the events, the arrangements, everything. 

This thought hit me 2 months before my wedding. And the realization was OVERWHELMING! I realized that the expiration date of this "version" of me is coming close. It really is never going to be the same! And that is how it is. When you leave home, you get a strange feeling. You'll not only miss the people you love, but you'll miss the person you are. You should know that you'll never be this way again. And you realize this when you come back home.. Nothing changes. Everythings the same. The people, your room, your parents. Everyones the same. It doesn't feel the same and You realize that the only thing that has changed is you!!

Let me tell you one thing.. When the realization hits you, you'll be scared.. you might start acting out.. you might be confused.. You might start hating the idea of weddings. You'll have so many questions but no answers! But I assure you one thing that all of this will pass. This feeling will go away. You'll genuinely be happy! Its just a phase in the whole getting married procedure. If You are going through this now or you experience it anytime in your future, I just want to tell you that ITS OKAY! Its NORMAL. Don't start questioning yourself. You are just sad about leaving your family and your home. You are confused because you are unaware of what the new life has to offer. But it really is going to be okay. Yes, this phase of your life is ending.. But believe me the next phase can be just as much fun! Your own home, a new family, new people.. Its scary but exciting. Just trust the magic of new beginnings! Embrace the uncertainty. And let life live through you. And don't worry if you feel like your life is turning upside down.. You don't know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come! Just make the most of everyday and everything leading to your wedding.. These days will not come back! ^_^

Comments

  1. Ahhh! To be honest, I had tears in my eyes while reading this blog of yours. ❤ very well written, I appreciate the way you've described your feelings, actually not just yours, but every bride's or bride to be feelings. 🤗👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing writer! Pls keep publishing regular posts ! I am a fauji fiancee so i can relate to alot..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Am going through the phase.. Where I have ALOOTTTT of confusions, questions. And TRUST me, your words gave me a hope. Where I felt like that I am not the Odd one out. It's okay that m numb. Or that no one in my family can answer my questions logically ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please support me too ...im also a blogger...

    talhashraf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to go for your Bridal MakeOver?

Believe in Yourself

Shadi Series - Post 3: Baraat