Shadi Series - Post 3: Baraat

THE DRESS

I have so many details to share here that I actually don't know where to start from!
The Baraats dress was my main concern! Baraat is probably the most important event in a wedding. (I think so) And That is why I put the most thoughts in my baraats dress! 
One thing I knew from the very start.. A Red dress is a BIG NO! Everyone has their own preferences.. I just didn't want a red bridal dresses! I was adamant to have NO RED in bridal dress but my mother convinced me to atleast keep the lehnga red! 
When you are deciding what dress you want.. You have to keep the whole look in your mind! If you want to be a traditional bride or a modern bride! What jewellery to wear.. What kinda hairstyle.. EVERY SINGLE THING! 
I decided on Gold with Red! My mother wanted a dress FULLLLL OF KAAM! So We tried to find something according to it. We went to Liberty Lahore alot of times! Till we finally found this dress! I got this dress made for 175k from Ghuasia Zari House! Merged two of their bridal dresses to get this one beauty! A Lehnga with a heavy front and not too long tail. A peplum kinda shirt with the back a bit longer than the front. All topped with the heaviest dupatta! AND The tiniest detail is the pouch! That I added last minute! 

The Dress Hunt Guide:

First you have to do an extensive online research! Check out every Photography page and note down all the combinations and dress types that clicked! Save all the pictures! 
Now sit with your amma or your sisters or your best friends to finalise. Discuss Everything! Dress type, Colour combination, Shoes, Hair style, Jewellery! 
Next step is the market recce!! If you are getting married then I am sure you know all the places where you can get bridal dresses! Ask around for places where you can get them in a reasonable price. (LIBERTY LAHORE) Once you know all the places.. plan your first trip! But Don't decide on anything! Just go and have a look around! See what the market has to offer.. What kind of bridal dresses are you getting in what budget! When you come back.. Have a discussion session again.. Preferably with the one who accompanied you to the market! And thats when you actually finalise the dress! It might take a few trips to different markets! ALOT of patience! But You will find the perfect dress!

Advice:

Girls I would advise you to keep your back simple. I had my back fulllll of kaam. And that made my shirt so heavy! And it was very difficult to carry! And in the end my back was not even visible because of the dupatta! That is why I would advise you all to keep your backs simpler if you are planning on carrying the dupatta like I did.
Secondly, girls to get an idea of the Final look.. You can try your dress when its ready! Like a full dress rehearsal.. Wear your jewellery, shoes Everything with it! You'll realise immediately what kinda makeove you are looking for, How you should get your dupatta set, Also if something is missing in your look. When I tried my dress I immediately realised that the red pouch was needed with the look so I got one made last min. Also I would've never decided on the flat front hairstyle.. But when I tried the dress.. I knew that it will compliment my whole look! When I decided on this hairstyle I realised that I didn't have a Jhoomar.. SO I got that made as well! 

Hair and Makeup

Guys So I went to Saddaf Farhan for my bridal makeup! And this was probably the best decision EVER! I had a series of bad experience with my makeup and salons on my engagement and nikkah! And I really didn't want anything like that to happen on my barat! Because you already have so much on your plate.. You just didn't want to top it with bad salon experience! I know that she charges abit more than the usual. But Take my word for it.. The whole experience was totally worth it.
The makeup was perfect! SO ON POINT! Saddaf is such an amazing makeup artist! She is so professional.. I loved loved loved my makeup! She literally took 2 mins to understand what I wanted and everything was PERFFFFF! The makeup stayed as it is till 2 in the night! One thing that I loved the most is that you can go back to her for touch-ups after your shoot. Gives a super fresh look for your event all over again. 
The girl who did my hair was super professional as well! She fixed my super heavy dupatta so awesomely! That I didn't have to worry about my dupatta at all! It stayed put for around 8 hours!! WOULD GIVE THE WHOLE LOOK A 10/10!! Wouldn't have it any other way! :')

Comments

  1. Your blogs are one of the most genuine blogs which almost all of us can relate to. That's probably the best part about you and your blogs. Keep up the hard work. You're doing a great job❤��

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've described all the things amazingly..keep it up������

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi summaya please tell me the fabric of your barat dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where we should bridal dress from Islamabad or Pindi?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summaya you're love. I'm seeing whole blog posts today here ❤ loved the ideas ❣

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to go for your Bridal MakeOver?

Believe in Yourself